Air hostess is one of the high-profile professions in India which offers a lucrative package and lets you travel the entire world. The aviation industry is booming across the world, thus the future is bright. An air hostess is an integral part of the aviation sector which is both glamorous and rewarding. This term is usually referred to as female flight attendants.
Air Hostessing is a possible career path for young, intelligent, and outgoing women. It provides an incredible opportunity to travel to new places and interact with people while flying high in the sky. Because of the thrilling experience of flying, traveling to new places, interacting with a variety of people on board, and the very appealing salary package, many young females choose this occupation instead of Air Hostess in India.
Educational background and skills
- Everyone will be relieved to learn that the minimum qualification required for becoming an air hostess is 10+2 in any stream from a recognised board.
- If you want to do a post-graduate course in air hostessing, you must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Many institutes consider taking students after the 10th grade, but we would advise you to join after the 12th.
- Another requirement is that you be fluent in Hindi and English; additional foreign languages would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills are required because you will need to communicate with your passengers frequently.As a result, self-assurance and communication abilities are essential.
Physical and Medical Prerequisites
To become an Air Hostess, you must meet a standard eligibility criterion.
The following are the major physical requirements for airlines:
- Generally, the minimum age to become an air hostess is 18 or 25 years old
- The candidate’s height should be between 5′ and 5’2″.
- Body weight should be proportionate to height.
- There should be no visible tattoos or body piercings.
- The candidate must be able to lift emergency window exits and open emergency doors as well as carry beverage or meal carts.
- There is no record of mental illness.
- A vision test is required to ensure that the candidate’s far and near vision with glasses or contact lenses is at least 20/40.
Air Hostess courses available in India
In India, there are three types of air hostess courses: certificate courses, diploma courses, and degree courses.Management skills, emergency management, hospitality management, navigation skills, basic fundamental knowledge of aircraft, and catering training are all part of the course curriculum.
Courses available to be a air hostess
After completing their 10+2 schooling, candidates can pursue certificate courses.
There are also some PG certificate courses available.
The duration and content of the course may differ from one institute to the next.
Fast track certificate courses last three months.
The general certificate course lasts 6 months to a year.
Air Hostess diploma courses can be pursued immediately after the 12th grade. Some PG Diploma courses can be pursued after graduating.
Individual institutes also design and craft diploma courses.
The length of the course may differ from one institute to the next.
The average course duration is six to twelve months.
Of all three types of courses, the degree course pursued by candidates in the aviation field is the most valuable.
A typical degree programme lasts three years.
There are also two-year special degree programmes designed with the trade of air hostesses and aviation hospitality in mind.
Institutes that provide courses to become an air hostess:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Gujarat
Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai
Jet Airways Training Academy, Delhi
Flying Queen Air Hostess Academy, Delhi
Bombay Flying Club, Mumbai
Air Hostess Academy, Bangalore